View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Hengeyokai

re: RET theorycrafting

Very good post, lots of great info.

Im working twords my teir 10 set bonus, I have the shoulders already.

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

The Retribution paladin two-set bonus is ridiculous. And I read a Blue post a few weeks back that stated that it was working as intended. People are seeing a DPS increase that is easily 500 DPS -- if not more!
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

52/60 from getting my gloves, I COULD wait till next week and hope they drop off the Ice boss in VOA, but I really want to get them sooner. Taking a gamble, get gloves now and maybe see them drop in VOA and waste 60 frost, or save the 60 frost and start saving for Chest piece or helm. If I get pants or chest now, it breaks my 2 set bonus from T9, if I get helm, its a very very minimal upgrade, gaining maybe 12 str, lose some crit, gain haste and a different socket color, but still giving me my 2 set t10 bonus. So right now, not sure what to do yet. If I do dailies Friday and Saturday and the weekly raid, I could have the gloves early as of saturday.

Hengeyokai

Any good macros you guys use ?

My rotation atm is Judg, CS, HoW, DS, Coms, then Wrath if undead

I have the 2 piece teir 9 set bonus and the Libram of Valiance

1 piece teir 10, woking on second

My next big dps jump will prob come from first a upgrade from 232 to a 251 weapon and then the 2 piece teir 10 set bonus.

After that its baby steps.

Inune
Captured
Private

As little as it really matters, you should tweak on your collision resolution. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much unless you want to be completely, technically correct - you can fuck up the ret "rotation" abysmally and as long as you're GCD-capping yourself it'll only be like a single-digit DPS loss compared to the optimal rotation.

Nevertheless, from the EJ thread on Ret:

Quote:
Basic clash resolution is as follows: HoW > Judgement > CS > DS > Consecration > Exorcism > Holy Wrath
If you have 2pc T9 equipped your best clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.
If you have 2pc T9 AND 2pc T10 equipped, your best resolution is: Judgement > DS > HoW > CS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath
If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Exorcism, while terrible if you're having to channel it, is still a good DPS ability under Art of War. Given that you're inevitably going to get free GCDs without needing to use DP or refresh SS, exorcism is a good ability to keep in mind.

As for macros, the only macros I really use while playing ret are utility ones. While I think it would be hilariously awesome if you could reduce the entirety of playing ret to a single button, I still think having your full list of standard abilities on your bars and managing them yourself is the better way to go.

Quote:
#showtooltip Repentance
/cast [@mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][harm,nodead] Repentance

mouseover repentance. nothing special.

Quote:
#showtooltip Divine Sacrifice
/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice

Allows you to either use Divine Sacrifice normally (one use of the macro) or use it and immediately cancel it to give the raid the Divine Guardian buff (two back-to-back uses of the macro)

Quote:
/#showtooltip Divine Shield
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield

Same as above, but with Shield depending on if you want to use shield or want to just use it to clear a debuff.

Quote:
/cast [nomounted] Crusader Aura
/use Ruby Essence
/use Emerald Essence
/use Amber Essence
/cast [nomounted, flyable] Red Proto-Drake; [nomounted, noflyable] Venomhide Ravasaur
/run VehicleExit();
/cast [mounted] Retribution Aura
/dismount [mounted]

Possibly my favorite, though it has nothing to do with combat at all: the universal mount macro. Handles every conceivable mode of transport and attempts to juggle auras for you so you'll have crusader up when mounted and ret up when dismounted. Replace mount names with your mounts of choice (can also be changed to a /castrandom if you want that).

The only caveat is that it's not a "smart" macro - the aura commands are simply on/off toggles and can get messed with if something goes awry. For example, if you auto-dismount by entering an instance or a building, you'll still have crusader up and another hit of the macro will toggle off crusader and either mount you if you're outside or do nothing. Still, so much better than managing auras manually.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Paladin All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: