View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alvah

re: Baradin Hold

It was fun last night running BH. While I know I still need better gear to raid with, It seems as though everyone else is ready for tougher content. BH seems to be a good measuring stick to see if you can handle the new raids. Gets me all motivated to spam heroics and get better gear. Last night's raid was posted in World of Logs, which I love. I need to play with it some more and figure out the site. Anyway, I certainly liked what I saw yesterday. Keep up the good teamwork TTM.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain."
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

World of logs is an excellent tool and I definitely do like recording raids every time a significant portion of the group involves guildies. One, it allows us to track performance over a period of time. And, two, it's an indicator of activity within the guild, which could be used to help snag new people.

The easiest way to approach viewing World of Logs reports is to remember that remember that the interface can be split up by two constraints:
  1. What you're seeing, and
  2. At which point of the raid that you're viewing.
So, lets go through an example together!

As you mentioned, yesterday we ran Baradin Hold together. I took the opportunity to record the fight. The complete fight can now be found on World of Logs.

When we visit the log, we're greeted by the dashboard. This is an overview of the entirety of the log -- trash, bosses, wipes, kills, the whole package! There's a lot of useful information found here, but I typically look to the right-hand column. This will list ranked players (if there are any), in addition to what bosses and mobs were encountered.

As helpful as the dashboard can be, I really like getting down to the nitty-gritty. To do so, it's important to remember to keep in mind the two constraints that I mentioned earlier: what we're viewing and when we're viewing. We can manipulate those utilizing the menu at the top. For example, I'm partial to viewing the healing data, since this is my main area of interest. To do this, I hover over the menu where it says Dashboard and then select Healing done. This will bring up the healing data collected for the entirety of the log.

This is helpful information, but we know that boss encounters (specifically downings and wipes) are what really counts. I return to the menu and hover over Full Report to bring up a new menu. I want to see the Argaloth, so I'll select Argaloth (10N). This will provide me with healing data for that specific encounter -- happiness!

From here I can see the breakdown of healing done. I can see the amount healed, what percentage each person contributed of the total amount healed, HPS (it's listed as DPS on the table), HPS(e) (effective healing, which is derived from the HPS and the active time), and active time (how often was each person doing something). I can also hover over each name to see the top-six contributing healing abilities.

It's all good stuff, but we can get even deeper into the information to see greater detail. I want to know what spells I cast during the encounter and further information about each one, so I can click Irenke to bring up my details for the encounter. The graph is nice and pretty, but I really just want to see Healing by spell. This brings us to the Holy Grail of healing data. I can see what spells I cast, how much they healed, how often I cast them, how often they crit, and more information than I probably want to wrap my head around!

While I've provided an explanation of how to acquire some healing information, similar effort can be utilized to find information pertinent to every raid role. So, for example, if I wanted to view the DPS data, I could go back to the menu and select Damage Done for the Argaloth encounter. Or Damage Taken. Or even Survivability.

It's very easy to get overwhelmed by the amount of information found on a log, but the vast majority of it is very helpful. We have utilized World of Logs in the past to track individual performance (Is a player improving when we prod him or should we take him underwing to help?), prioritization (Is the player running out of mana because she's just undergeared or is she casting the wrong spells?), and even attendance.
Alvah

Thank you for the walkthrough. Now I have a better understanding of how to use World of Logs. It can get confusing with all those numbers and graphs, but after reading your post it is cut and dry for the most part.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain."
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: