Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Guild Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dethember1
In-Game Lowest Rank
Recruit

re: App: dethember1

The application submitted by dethember1 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Rodrick
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Feathermoon
Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Prot, 377
Spec 2 : Ret, 369
Spec 3 : Holy, 373

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Now that we know a bit about your character, time to learn a bit about you.

1.) Why did you leave your last guild(s)? and/or why are you leaving your current guild?:
I move to Feathermoon with my brother - I've been in a couple guilds looking for a raid group that I don't /headdesk all night as they stand in stuff and wipe to stupidity.

I haven't found that yet >..<

The following questions are about your raiding experience.

5.) Cataclysm Raid Experience :
12/12, 7/7

Both were pre-nerfs

6.) Raid and Guild History: (who you raided with for what content):
Er... That's a long list...

I've been raiding MMOs since Ultima Online... We used to get 5-10 of us and go kill dragons in Deceit...

From there it was progression raiding in EQ, classic through to Gates of Discord. WoW in Dec 2004, raided MC/BWL when it was current, then walked away from WoW for quite a while. Came back late Wrath, then all of Cata.

7.) Please provide links to WWS, WMO, or WOL parses here: more information can be found <a>here</a>:
Used to use WoL, haven't since I transferred, just been pugging.

Last two raid nights before I transferred:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/482k306llaq4ztvh/details/2/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0c9nf8nw5qi2hjbz/details/3/

8.) Are you applying for specific raid? More info <a>here</a>:
No

The following questions are about your WOW setup.

9.) What addons do you use? Please list all of them.:
All of them?..... er... <3 LUI... See the UI screenshot below :D

10.) UI Screenshot (in a raid setting, AV is fine):
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/wowscrnshot112811221453.jpg

11.) Latency (raid average and non-raid average):
<150ms

The last questions, you're almost done!

12.) After reading our Guiild Charter, what about the Charter appeals to you? What would you change?:
It seems pretty basic, I've read a bunch and written a couple.

It's well written, I can't think of anything I'd add.

13.) A sense of humour is important to us, so tell us a joke.:
Er... My humour is... yeah... I make jokes in the moment, I don't tell canned jokes...

14.) Is there anything would like to add?:
Not really, but thanks for asking! :D

Last edited by dethember1 on 2011/11/29 0:24; edited 1 time in total
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

re: APPROVED - App: dethember1 - by Irenke

Curious to know what a hybrid spec would be for paladin?

dethember1
In-Game Lowest Rank
Recruit

Simple;

I main spec Prot. I have gear for both ret and holy. I can heal decently, but I prefer ret as an offspec for pvp. But I do swap my offspec between Holy and Ret as needed. Happy

My brother (Thonen/Yozzle) can vouch for that - he taught me to heal :P
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

I'll vouch for Rodrick; he came with 3TaC for a Ragnaros attempt (or twenty), was fairly competent, respectfully offered alternative strategies, and seemed like an all-around nice guy. Nicer than Thonen, at least!

That said, Rodrick, I cannot promise you a lot in our existing raids currently. While it's true that we're undergoing some restructuring (3TaC may be in need of a new tank and BB is getting overhauled), there may be people slotted for those roles.

If that's acceptable -- and barring any nays -- we can get this profile approved and toss you an invite to Tribute!
dethember1
In-Game Lowest Rank
Recruit

Heh; I was already invited and am in Tribute. Thonen had me send a tell to Leygolas and he invited me (or had me invited).

As for raiding; I want to raid. I've been looking hard for a raid group/guild for both my Paladin and my Hunter. I have been pugging in with a number of people/groups/guilds since transferring, but have been actively looking for something more solid and guaranteed.

Please do let me know if any of those spots are available in any of the raid groups. Or if I have to start and lead my own. I'm no stranger to raid leading and used to regularly lead pug raids.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Awesome! Approved on the forums as well then.

Regarding 3TaC, I think that one of our members is jockeying to get someone in as our tank replacement, but I need to speak with her first concerning a couple of issues before giving the ye or nay. I know that your Saturday availability was a little erratic (three weeks of the month, I think), but if this other tank falls through I would very much welcome your presence in the raid.

I'd very much encourage you to contact Mike/Samich/Lantro regarding the Baddie Brigade. They've had tank attendance issues recently (real life problems with one tank and they just lost their other tank), so there's a good chance that they're looking for a replacement. You should also check out this recent discussion in the Baddie Brigade subforums, since it deals directly with that issue (and I also made an oblique reference to your interest!).
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum