View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
LokaasLH
Bishop
Sergeant

Awarded:

re: Thursday 10 man

My work and school schedule has changed, it's looking like I'm not going to be able to run on thursdays for some time. I will still be free for friday and saturday however.

- Social Distortion
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

The Thursday raid is on its last legs. We're barely getting five people each week and haven't gone in a while. I don't think that the Friday has been going either, but Saturday is. Or I might have them backwards.

It might be better to reassess who can go and when to determine if it's possible to combine two of the raids so that we do have a raid capable of going somewhat consistently.
Tanzy(ODH)
Bishop
Sergeant

Friday has been spotty

Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

Cynra wrote:
It might be better to reassess who can go and when to determine if it's possible to combine two of the raids so that we do have a raid capable of going somewhat consistently.

Last edited by Mig. on 2010/08/14 2:38; edited 1 time in total
kylozo
Rook
Private

Awarded:

Cynra wrote:

Highly agree

I remember being someone different. Until I watched a lawnmower. I watched him achieve what others called "impossible". I watched him overcome ridicule and disbelief. I watched him try and fail, but never lose hope.

Then... I watched him fly. I watched him soar. I watched him touch the sky.

Because of that, I watched myself change.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Well, let's take the initiative! Reply to this thread with what days you are available -- and this applies to members of both the Thursday and Friday raids. We'll see what we can do.
LokaasLH
Bishop
Sergeant

Awarded:

As I said, I can do friday and saturdays with any of my 3 80's. I am honestly a little burnt out on the current content, but I do still want to help out as possible. School has picked up a little bit, but I am usually able to get those reponsibilites out of the way by friday.

- Social Distortion
Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

Soon I won't be available Mondays/Wednesdays, not too late on Sundays either. I have classes throughout the day Monday/Wednesday, but the other's I'm fine.

*Not too late on Sunday, as in I have class in the early morning so...Yeah.
Tanzy(ODH)
Bishop
Sergeant

I"m good Fridays and some Saturdays (provided the wife gives me permission) But definitely Fridays.

Maedea
Maedea
Queen
Gunnery Sergeant

Awarded:

Fridays work for me, Thursdays just don't work anymore and Saturdays rarely worked to being with.

Disclaimer:
Tribute to Mortality does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, disconnect, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, power outage, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, trolling, sarcasm, singing or other Acts of Mig, ranting, raving, nerd rage, or other Acts of Jack. Or any Acts of Garothmuk. Neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized use, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, removal of tag, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom, crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB’s, paintball, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, computers,  Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc...).
Please only use as directed. Avoid contact with skin. Contents may settle during shipment. Tribute to Mortality is not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Not recommended for children. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No other warranty expressed or implied.
This offer is void in Australia.
Common side effects may include:
Glassy eyes, carpel tunnel, divorce, dead leg, Tourette syndrome , dehydration, dizziness, headache, loss of appetite, nervousness, ringing in ears.

Less common or rare side effects may include:
Blurred vision, changes in heatbeat, chills, confusion, depression, dry eyes and mouth, emotional volatitity, hearing loss, high or low blood pressure, inability to sleep, sleepiness.

Tribute to Mortality isn't for everyone, please consult your doctor before use.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Fridays are looking good for people. We might want to mention this in-game and see if the rest can do it as well. We might have enough people to proceed!
Tanzy(ODH)
Bishop
Sergeant

If we have enough interested we just run several on fridays .

Inune
Captured
Private

Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest here. I apologize in advance if it comes off in the wrong manner, I mean no personal offense on any count, but I just have to voice this.

Cataclysm is staring us in the face right now. We have maybe one more solid month of waiting plus a week or two after that. I am... distressed... that I do not have a Lich King kill. Now I understand that it is my fault entirely that I missed out on the lone kill that the Thursday group got, but something still perplexes me.

Immediately after I didn't get that kill, everyone was all talk that we'd be back and definitely down him again. Then...well... the only time I've seen the Lich King since that night was a week or two ago with maybe 2-3 other members of the group that had downed him and everyone else in the raid relatively fresh.

Every other raid has been spent on hardmodes collecting gear, on pre-Lich-King progression, or simply didn't run at all. Further, our 25 is stalled completely due to attendance issues and was barely starting in on Sindragosa anyway. The entire atmosphere seems to indicate to me that our WotLK raiding is effectively on its last legs due to burnout, real life issues, or simple lack of interest in raiding/WoW in general.

And here I am....not even having a single Lich King kill on any of my characters.

It's not for lack of effort; I'm one of maybe 3-4 people who showed up to every Lich King attempt for the 4 months or so that we were working on it. It's not for lack of talent; I don't feel it arrogant to say that I'm one of the best raiders you've got. The only reason I don't have Kingslayer is because of some giant comedy of errors involving raid comp, lack of commitment, real life issues, and of course, the infamous flub of the release button on the lone kill you managed to achieve (I say "you" there because apparently I didn't contribute enough to the fight to warrant an after-the-fact GM correction, but that's an entirely different subject).

I'm sorry, but I didn't spend literal days of time, thousands of repair-bill gold, and god knows how much mental effort on strategies and fight scrutiny over the course of four to five months just to get hung out to dry as the majority of people got their titles and then either can't raid anymore, or simply don't want to.

At this point, I don't care about gear (though I'll still facepalm every gunship fight that no wrists drop), I don't care about hardmodes, I don't care about any special achievements - I just want my goddamn Lich King kill. Further, I know this is unfair to people (and again, apologies if this comes off wrong), but I really, really don't want to "try" Lich King anymore. I'm sick of learning the fight. I'm sick of wiping again and again despite performing my role to above the demands of the fight, just because of factors and performances outside of my control. I don't want to "try," I want to just walk in there and fucking do it.

So that's where we're at. Like I said, I'd wager we have a solid month and maybe a couple weeks more - that means 6-7 more shots at him before Cataclysm comes out. I want my kill and I don't want to have to go back for it at 85. so I'm just gonna lay it out there: Do we still actually have people around who are committed and capable enough to walk into ICC 10 and not "try," but actually flat out "kill" Lich King? Or do I need to head over to the FM forums and beg for a Lich-King-capable raid to carry me?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
-Aristotle
Hengeyokai

Form your crew and I will dps or tank on cynon as I think taking on the tank role would be close to instant as I know the fight, healing it would take me time.

I honestly think our Thur crew did it because of the heals, we had great dps that could move and good tanks but the heals were amazing.

Just let me know, in the past week I have been away due to hardware issues it sounds like nada has gone on, not sure why, but I am back up and going, although vent seems to hate windows 7 64bit, it slowly gets more and more laggy, but thats a minor issue.

Seeya in game, things will turn around, summer is hard on guilds, so is the end of a expansion.

Terakin

Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

...I'm pretty annoyed by the lack of attendance, since the beginning to be honest. Attendance has always been an issue for us, we only raid for a couple of *hours one night a week too...

On a side note: Terakin, what brand Sound Card are you using?
Open Vent, and keep opening your mic with Taskmanager open. If AudioDG keeps ranking up in memory delete Vent's sound files. Your lag problem's fixed.

Last edited by Mig. on 2010/08/15 14:19; edited 1 time in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: