View previous topic :: View next topic  
LokaasLH
Bishop
Sergeant

Awarded:

re: ICC 10 9/10

So, my iphone decided it needed to be restored today, and my authenticator is no longer attached to my account, so, I can't log in. I have a ticket open with customer service, but based on my past experiences with blizz cs, I will need someone to run tomorrow's 10 man for me.

for clarification, Inune's pally got the invite, but I was planning on bringing his hunter. and Roarlord also has a pally that can tank if necessary. Also, we were planning on extending the raid ID, so someone who was there last week will have to extend their ID as I can't be there to do it......

stoopid iphone....

- Social Distortion
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Someone (Krysin?) ran into a similar problem in the past. I believe that he restored his phone to an earlier save and was able to utilize his authenticator then. I'll edit this post once I find the appropriate thread!

Edit: Here we go!
LokaasLH
Bishop
Sergeant

Awarded:

I got a response from Blizzard today, on a sunday no less. I have to send in a request to have the old authenticator removed, as the iPhone system restore reset my authenticator's serial number.

So... all you mobile authenticator users, make a note of your current serial number so it will be a simple reset if you ever come across this issue.

I've sent in what I need to, now I'm just waiting on Blizz CS.

- Social Distortion
Tanzy(ODH)
Bishop
Sergeant

Hey lokaas I know this might be salt in the wounds but we downed LK on Friday. Love ya get back soon.

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

New account recovery feature

Quote:
Items missing? Password changed? Characters transferred to realms you haven't even heard of? Being asked for an authentication code even though you don't have an Authenticator? If any of these questions match the ones you're asking yourself right now, your account might be compromised.

Now, don't panic. Blizzard Entertainment's Customer Service teams are here to help you. There is no need to create a trial account to be able to submit an in-game petition, nor are you required to have a friend submit one on your behalf. To restore access to your account as quickly as possible, please visit our Account Recovery page and be prepared to verify your account information.

With the introduction of our new Account Recovery Process, you should no longer be required to try calling or e-mailing our Billing & Account Services department to remove an authenticator that may have been placed on your account without your authorization.

All you will need to do is fill out our new Account Recovery Form: (https://us.battle.net/account/support/secure-computer.html).

How does it work?

Consider this your “One-Stop Shop” for reporting a compromised account. We'll ask you a series of questions that only you should know the answers to. After we are confident that you are who you say you are, our automated recovery process will take over and attempt to restore your access to the Battle.net account as soon as possible.

This process will issue a password reset e-mail for the Battle.net account that has been compromised as well as create a service ticket (petition) to have an investigation initiated. You will be unable to view this ticket when logged into the game, you should, however, receive a message to your e-mail address containing your ticket number and other information.

What do I do after I fill out the Webform?

• Check your e-mail account for two e-mail messages: one to reset your password and one containing your service ticket information.

• Consider adding a Battle.net Authenticator to protect the account: (http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/26552).

• Take a deep breath... Our customer service team will do the rest.

It's intended for compromised accounts, but maybe you can get the authenticator removed this way instead. Maybe. Hopefully.

... we miss Lokaas.
Tanzy(ODH)
Bishop
Sergeant

Cynra wrote:
... we miss Lokaas.

QFT

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: