View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

re: State of DPS: Healer Edition

State of DPS is a website that takes the top 200 performing logs from World of Logs and then compiles them to show a breakdown of performance for each class, spec, and role.

A sample of these results was shown on one of the Discipline threads that I frequently read, so I thought that it might be fun to share. An examination of healers across all of the raids in both 10 and 25-man raid settings has shown a fairly large disparity in healing performances. It's important to note that, since these numbers were drawn from World of Logs, damage absorption was more or less correctly attributed but damage reduction was not.

So, I find it interesting that Discipline priests are repeatedly at the bottom of these numbers -- particularly in light of the fact that Restoration shamans and Restoration druids have been the most vocal classes and specs in decrying how broken they are. I also find it interesting because I'm able to effectively heal on par with Holy paladins (in my experiences, of course).

Someone mentioned in the thread that this is due to World of Log's inability to recognize tank healing and raid healing, but I don't think that this is correct; a tank healer would perform lower than a raid healer and, as a result, the raid healers would climb higher on the ranks. As a result, there's a fairly good chance that the vast majority of the top 200 performing Discipline priests in each raid size and dungeon are raid healers. Tank healers probably wouldn't show up on the list at all -- unless so few Discipline priests are raiding that there aren't enough logs to prevent that from occuring.

I find that highly unlikely.

So the upcoming buffs in 4.0.6 are warranted, even against my own frequent outbursts decrying how Discipline is not a 'broken' spec. On that note, apologies to anyone who caught the brunt of that argument; it's completely reflexive at this point!

Edit: I had to remove a handful of links from this post due to how the links weren't being properly formatted! However, you can easily use the menu to view the breakdowns!
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

re: State of DPS: Healer Edition

Bumpety bump! This is the thread that I mentioned on Mumble today that breaks down healing performance from World of Logs. It's interesting to just see the results because it underlines why Blizzard is making particular changes in upcoming patches (specifically patch 4.0.6).
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Raids All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: