View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

re: Future lock nerf suggestions

Quote:
By looking at the comments on these forums, it's obvious that warlocks are completely OP in both pve and pvp. Given their infinite wisdom, I'm sure the blizz team is already hard at work dreaming up new and exciting nerfs for the warlock class, but I thought I might offer some helpful suggestions:

1. Make ISF a multi-button combo and increase the cast time.
It would make gameplay very exhilarating if there was a complicated 10 button combination of keys needed to be hit before soul-fire is launched. Perhaps spread SF out over ten different buttons. Call it, "Improved Soul-Fire Cascade." If one of the ten buttons is missed or even slightly off an arbitrary timing system, then the combo needs to start all over again. And increase the cast time to 32.5 seconds. There is nothing more "lockish" than feeling like you need 15 fingers and 5 lines of coke to compete with the 11 year old kid with one arm that is playing the hunter in your party. Which brings me to number 2:

2. Ensure that every single lock spell is part of the spell priority
Demo priority is currently:

Improved Soul Fire (Keep this buff up!)
Metamorphosis
Demon Soul
Immolate
Hand of Gul'dan
Bane of Doom
Immolation Aura
Corruption
Shadowflame
Incinerate (Molten Core)
Soul Fire (Decimation)
Shadow Bolt

yawn.... how boring. Half the time demo locks are munching on a hot-pocket and watching tv while they raid because the priority is so mind-numbingly boring and easy. Add some more spells in there! I would suggest 45 different spells at a minimum, all with different CD times and dependencies. Ideally the player's screen would be almost completely obscured with actionbars and timer addons.

3. Remove any and all spells that might be helpful in PVP
Who would use a lock in PVP anyway? Especially after this type of nerf?

4. Make lock pets rage after any CC'ed target
CC is already quite commonplace in Cataclysm, and no one wants to be too complacent in dungeons. Blizz is off to a good start with making sure that lock pets ferociously go after any feared targets, but I would humbly suggest making it mandatory that any time a mob is hexed, sheeped, or feared, that the pet launch an attack, regardless of whether it is in passive mode or not. After all, since lock spell priorities are so simple and repetitive, it only makes sense to have their pet control difficulty increased.

5. Institute a random nerf upon login
Wow subscribers who play locks have gotten used to being hit with various nerfs over the years. It's become predictable. I suggest a random nerf every time someone logs into their lock toon. Make it be either (a) 50% damage reduction, (b) 80% haste reduction, or (c) random "on-the-fly" action bar button reorganization.

I realize that no blizz employee has ever entered the warlock sub-forum, but if we refine and perfect our nerf ideas, maybe we can post a consolidated thread in the dps or general forum. Please reply with your own ideas of how we might best nerf this outrageously OP class.

(source)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Warlock All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: