Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Third Time's a Charm
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

re: New raid!

Finally getting this off of the ground!

What is it?

Third Time's a Charm is a "casually progressive" 10-man raid. The goal is to take a group of competent players into raids, have them experience content, and have fun doing it. The key is to have a steady roster of individuals who know how to play and are willing to research their classes/specs as well as future raid encounters.

I'm not going to hold your hands. If you aren't willing to put in minimal effort, maintain a fairly high level of attendance, and listen when it's time to get locked on, this probably isn't going to be a raid for you!

When is it?

I'm looking at Saturdays as the primary raiding day. We'd run for approximately three to four hours, with potentially (and rarely) a little more time added if we're progressing and would like to make further attempts on an encounter. I'd also like to add an occasional second day on Sunday, which would be used to help make further attempts or down farm content for an hour or two. Players would be expected to sign up early so that replacements can be quickly and easily found if needed.

If you cannot consistently meet these attendance requirements, Third Time's a Charm most likely may not be the raid for you. However, we would welcome you as an alternate and sub!

Loot rules?

Papa Jack's patented "Don't be a greedy bastard!" loot rules apply. Class/spec-appropriate loot will be initially available to all qualifying members (regular or sub alike) who participate in a fight. If no one wants a piece of loot for main-spec, it will then be offered as off-spec. If no one wants it then, it shall be sharded or -- in the case of Bind on Equip items -- be commandeered for guild purposes (ie, most likely dumped into the guild bank, but I may potentially relent for alt use and the like). If it is an item that will most likely never be used within the guild, I will sell the item on the Auction House and equally split the proceeds with all participating members.

Since many of us (myself included) are so reticent to take upgrades, I don't think that lootwhoring will be an issue, but if an individual or group of individuals consistently get loot while others do not, I may step in to reallocate loot. This will be an extremely rare occurence and is done for two reasons:
  • Fairness: Everyone participates. Everyone wants to be rewarded for his efforts. No one, however, likes lootwhores.
  • Loot helps everyone!: Sharing loot will help the raid progress, which will allow the raid to down new bosses, which grants it access to more loot... And you see where this is headed!

Mains? Alts?

Since this is an officer-led raid, typical rules regarding mains and alts will apply. Our goal is to get as many people within Tribute to Mortality raiding as feasibly possible. While I will initially accept alts into the raid, it is a possibility that an alt will be asked to step out of the raid at some point to allow someone without a raid to join. You have been warned!

How can I join?

Reply to this thread or contact Irenke. At the moment, the roster is very flexible, so we can accomondate most people who are interested. It is important, however, to make sure that you are going to be consistently available for raid days and are willing to put in the effort required in order to raid. If you are not, please do not apply; I don't want to have to eventually remove people from the raid!
krilari
Bishop
Sergeant

We're already talked, buuut

for the sake of Sanity, I'll throw Yatana into the tank pot.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Thanks for the offer, Kril! Just for posterity, I'm going to reiterate the raid's policy on alts since it is an officer-led raid. Alts are welcome, especially to fill out the initial roster, but they may be asked to step out at a later date in order to get people without raids into one. I don't foresee this being an issue for some time now, especially with the summer slump.

I'm operating under the idea that The Raid of Tyin has been canceled since he is take a hiatus from the game. Those individuals are welcome to sign up for Third Time's a Charm if it fits into their schedules and if they're willing to put in the minimal requested effort outlined in the first post regarding attendance, performance, and research! Let me know if you're interested!

The working raid roster (for the time being) is:
  • Tank1: Yatana (Protection paladin)
  • Tank2:
  • Healer1: Irenke (Discipline priest)/Lujza (Restoration druid). I'm flexible and will pick the character that benefit the raid most. Lujza also provides a melee DPS should we ever run with two healers or need a melee DPS.
  • Healer2: Padaginn (Holy paladin) Matty has offered the services of his paladin, but has a variety of toons that can fill other slots if needed.
  • Healer3:
  • DPS1:
  • DPS2:
  • DPS3:
  • DPS4:
  • DPS5:
Krad666
Rook
Private

As per usual. My Main Shaman ( Enhance/ Elemental), Paladin (Ret) and Death Knight( Frost) are at your disposal.

Not this current weekend though. Going to visit my girlfriend.

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Thanks for the reply, Kraddie! It would be a pleasure -- nay, honor! -- to raid with you again. I'm hoping to begin the raid within the next two weeks, so you have plenty of time until then. Enjoy your weekend with the girlfriend.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates!

Potential third healing slot (since I'm flexible with Lujza potentially being melee DPS, though I'd prefer heals) filled by Sin on Zygore (Restoration shaman). Randy has offered to come on Oryin (hunter, but not specced for Tranq Shot), assuming that he hasn't snagged a regular slot with Baddie Brigade. That means we're lacking one tank and a number of DPS (preferably some castery types in there).

Kraddie, the roster still looks fairly flexible, so if there is a specific toon that you'd like to bring let me know. Otherwise, I'll pick the toon that maximizes our roster at a later date.

Thanks to the people who have contacted me expressing interest in 3TaC. I'll continue to seek out like-minded people to join the group so that we can begin in two weeks!
LokaasLH
Bishop
Sergeant

Awarded:

Since Tyin has lost game time, and his friday raid might not happen due to this, I'd like to throw Drenso in as a possible tank. His gear score is waaaayyy low right now, 330 total right now, not even sure what his equipped is, but I'm working on it. I will be in need of healer and dps help for running heroics given my allergy to LFD, please and thank you. Failing that, you can always tap Lokaas for healing or dps standby, as it seems all your healing slots are full.

- Social Distortion
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

LokaasLH wrote:
Failing that, you can always tap Lokaas for healing or dps standby, as it seems all your healing slots are full.

I'd tap that!

Tyin's gone, man. He's not playing the game, last I spoke to him. I think; I was a little occupied at the time since I was busy beating people with a bonesaw in Team Fortress 2 and that was infinitely more important. Anyway, he's done with the game for the time being but is accessible on Steam if anyone wants to hunt him down.

If you want the tank slot, it's yours. I haven't had anyone express interest just yet and a death knight would be very yummy. If you'd like to join as something else, let me know; I'm just filling slots at the time being and some of us are very flexible. I'd also welcome your experience and assistance in the raid.
LokaasLH
Bishop
Sergeant

Awarded:

I'll take the tank spot. After one very successful run of Stonecore with Samich and Shae, Drenso went from ilvl 331 to 339, and from 119k health to 131k-ish health. With a little time and effort over the week, and given the fact that the t11 raids have been nerfed, Drenso should be raid ready very very shortly.

Edit: also, I think Phrosty and Shae might be interested in dpsing, but I cannot confirm that for them, they have to speak up themselves.

- Social Distortion
Samich!
Bishop
Recruit

Any of my 85s irenke doubles: hunter troxed: tank lantro: healer
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Healing and tank slots are currently filled, but we do have some flexibility. Both Matty and I are willing to adapt and pick the toons that best help the raid get off of the ground, though I would definitely prefer to healing in some capacity.

How 'bout this, Mike: I'll give it a week, see how the chips fall, and give you a definite reply. Just for my notes, do you have a specific preference? I'd like to be able to have people play the toons that they want to play so that there are fewer complications in the future.
Krad666
Rook
Private

I'll say Myst, partly because I dislike grinding, and partly because she's already geared for T11 content and somewhat geared for tier 12 content

Although there are a few things she could use such as shoulders( Tokens) and weapons off of Nefarian. (( the only raid enhance weapons I can get, not including trash drops from those raids)

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Myst is it then!

I'm going to have us go into Tier 11 content initially. The reasoning for this is two-fold:
  1. I want to get people geared up for the new content and at least some of the toons are starting from scratch; and
  2. I want the raid to get acclimated to working together in "easier" content before focusing on Firelands.

I'm going to update the first post with what I've got so far and then start actively recruiting. I'm still working with the plan on starting in two weeks or so.
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

Ok, I'm game for raiding again. working with Lokaas' tank to get him some tanky gear and myself some T11 pieces. So far got the Fugly leggings from t11.

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Roster, roster, roster!

• Tank1: Yatana (Protection paladin)
  • Tank2: Drenso (Blood death knight)
  • Healer1: Lujza (Restoration druid)
  • Healer2: Padaginn (Holy paladin)
  • Healer3: Zygore (Restoration shaman)
  • DPS1: Oryin (hunter)
  • DPS2: Myst-I'm-More-Awesome-Than-You (Enhancement shaman)
  • DPS3: (Insert Samich here)
  • DPS4: (Insert Shae here)
  • DPS5:

Okay, so, that's what we have for the time being. I'd prefer to stick healing, but I don't care if it's Lujza or Irenke. Lujza right now seems to fit the roster best, but we'll see when the time comes. Matty is somewhat flexible in what toon he plays, but is heavily leaning towards his paladin (who still needs to be transferred Horde, I believe...).

Kril, are you going to be able to consistently make raids? It's a sucky question, I know, but I get paid to ask the hard questions.

Samich, let me know which toon you want and I'll try to make something work. Same with Shae; I don't know if you wanted to raid on your paladin (which would be awesome) or your hunter (which would be less awesome, especially due to the high prevalence of Agility-wearing mail users).

What I want, and desperately at that, is a caster DPS. A mage, a Shadow priest, a warlock -- something that goes pew pew pew, wears cloth, and would be able to soak up any loots that drop. As it stands, we ain't got shit.

I'll keep you guys updated as we proceed. Hopefully we'll be able to go within the week.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Third Time's a Charm All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: