Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> Third Time's a Charm
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
krilari
Bishop
Sergeant

re: New raid!

I can make saturdays, but I do have an upcoming problem. From the 11th to the 16th I'll be away, and from the 29th to the 14th I'll be away.

If you want to replace me, feel free. I was simply offering Yat because people so rarely roll tanks.
Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

Talk to Don. I am most likely replacing him because his availability for Fridays is kaputz.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

You just want to get him out of your raid! Don would be a good logistical fit and he's a competent raider (when he tries!). I'll see if I can hunt him down during the week to talk it over with him. Thanks for keeping me in the loop, Mig!

Kril, I'm probably going to talk to Mike about filling in for that tanking slot, unless there's some other option of which I'm not aware. He has Troxed and he's a competent tank. I don't want to make you feel obligated to come, especially if your availability is crap right now.

That leaves us with one DPS slot left (assuming Don joins 3TaC) and I'd really like for it to be some sort of caster. I'll hit up the guild sometime this week to see if we can snag anyone.

My availability is going to be inconsistent this week due to real-life matters. I'm looking to start the raid next Saturday, 16 July 2011. I'm thinking of a start time around 5.oop server and we'll go for a minimum of three hours. We'll take an extended break during that time (I'm thinking a half hour or so) if we go beyond three hours. Or shorter, more frequent breaks. Whichever works.
kylozo
Rook
Private

Awarded:

what raids are you gunna be doing cuz having my Fridays back would be nice

I remember being someone different. Until I watched a lawnmower. I watched him achieve what others called "impossible". I watched him overcome ridicule and disbelief. I watched him try and fail, but never lose hope.

Then... I watched him fly. I watched him soar. I watched him touch the sky.

Because of that, I watched myself change.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Currently Third Time's a Charm will be on Saturdays for three to four hours (more if there's interest, availability, and potential for progress), with a second day scheduled periodically on Sundays. Sunday would be an opportunity to focus on a specific encounter or clean up remaining bosses for a couple of hours.

I had originally considered adding Friday nights to the roster instead of Sundays, but it's just not feasible at this point; I work Fridays and, even if I were to consistently leave early as I have for the past couple of weeks, my coworkers do enjoy periodically going out for Happy Hour and I join in order to be sociable and build a rapport. Whee!

Let me know your thoughts on switching to my raid, Don. I'd love to have you aboard! We'd be initially starting in Tier 11 raids, mainly to get people geared up for the current content and get them working together on easier stuff. Then we'll be hitting Firelands.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

So, uh, I found out today about Randy's transfer from the server. That means that the roster is being tweaked (again). If there have been any other changes of which I should know, please inform me so that we can begin this upcoming Saturday!

• Tank1:
  • Tank2: Drenso (Blood death knight)
  • Healer1: Lujza (Restoration druid)
  • Healer2:
  • Healer3: Lantro (priest)
  • DPS1: Leygolas (hunter)
  • DPS2: Myst-I'm-More-Awesome-Than-You (Enhancement shaman)
  • DPS3: Blackshae (Retribution paladin)
  • DPS4: Kylozo (Shadow priest)
  • DPS5:

As of this moment, I'm down one tank, one healer, and (preferably) one caster DPS. Of those three, Samich can fill a slot depending on what we need; he's got a Protection warrior or Holy priest which would fill a much-needed raid spot very nicely.

I'll be trying to see if I can snag a healer (Holy paladin would fit well, looking at the list) or a tank, in addition to that one DPS.

Edit: Correction, I'm missing another healer now. Awesome.
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

We can try me as offtank if need till we can find one. I have nearly full heroic armor and only 1 green left in that spec.

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

I'd prefer not, if only to avoid putting people into situations where they're not playing the class/spec that they want. That always seems to cause problems. I'll try to actively recruit a tank so that you can DPS. Thanks for the offer, Shae! I'll cross my fingers.
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

Meh, theres a reason I have a prot spec and it wasn't for my benefit :P. Was to help out the guild if needed, still either way suits me.

Jaktraw
Rook
Apprentice

I have a warlock and a holy priest that could fill in some spots if needed. I can't commit to this raid regularly but I'm pretty sure I can make this week's.

Milkyjoe

Allthea

I should probably switch guilds on these toons now that im thinking about it...
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Huzzah and happiness! I'd like to avoid stacking two healing priests, but either would be wonderful. Thanks, mister Jakstraw!

Also, as an aside, if you'd like to change your name on the forums to reflect your name in-game you can easily do so -- even if the name you wanted was originally taken. The name-change affects only these forums, so we'd see the name you want rather than your account name. Just head over to your account profile page, scroll down to Account Settings, hit the Update Forum Name, Password, Email and Other Account Info button, and then Edit. On Account and Billing Info, look for Forum Name. Enter the name you want and then hit the Update button at the bottom!

Edit: Troll priest? And an appropriate Holy gear? I think that I'm in love! I'd have probably swapped Blessed Resilience for Surge of Light (even given its seemingly-never-procced-rate) and maybe Desperate Prayer for a point in Veiled Shadows, but that's more preference/playstyle than mandatory. Given the builds that I've seen recently (especially on Deathwing), it's a pleasant change.

And, I know, I know, fellows. I just can't help myself. It's a priest! I'm a priest! Builds and gear and gems and enchants and everything must be examined!

I'm seeking counseling, I promise...
Jaktraw
Rook
Apprentice

Quote:
I'd have probably swapped Blessed Resilience for Surge of Light (even given its seemingly-never-procced-rate) and maybe Desperate Prayer for a point in Veiled Shadows, but that's more preference/playstyle than mandatory.

Surge of light makes total sense, thanks for the tip. I'll change that.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

It might've been something you just missed, especially if you haven't updated your priest's build in a couple of patches. Sometime during this expansion, Surge of Light was updated so that it was a more appealing talent to snag. I think that, until that point, it would only proc when you cast Smite, which was never appealing to anyone except E/AA/A Discipline priests (or soloing priests), but I don't think that we could spend enough points to get that deep into the tree without sacrificing other direct and immediate increases to our healing and mana efficiency.

Then it was updated to include Heal, but I think that Holy priests use it even less than Discipline priests, so the talent was generally considered a waste. I'm glad that the devs have finally returned to that talent to make it more appealing and useful; they're slowly streamlining the trees to remove the fluff in them.

And I apologize for looking at your build and commenting. No harm or negative impression was intended! As anyone in the guild can tell you, I'm a bit of a priest fanatic and I seize any (and every) opportunity to discuss priestly theorycrafting.

Any. Seriously. Because no one wants to talk with me about priests any more. Which makes me a very sad priest, indeed!

Edit: And I was totally distracted by priestly awesomeness to post what I really wanted to say on this thread! The roster for this weekend's raid so far is:

• Tank1: Yatana (Protection paladin)
  • Tank2: Drenso (Blood death knight)
  • Healer1: Lujza (Restoration druid)
  • Healer2:
  • Healer3: Lantro (priest)
  • DPS1: Leygolas (hunter)
  • DPS2: Myst-I'm-More-Awesome-Than-You (Enhancement shaman)
  • DPS3: Blackshae (Retribution paladin)
  • DPS4: Kylozo (Shadow priest)
  • DPS5:

Jak, that means that you can pick the role that you'd like most this week. I'm a little wary of a Discpline priest/Holy priest/Restoration druid combination, but I've rocked it successfully in the past and I'm certain that we can do it again! Just let me know which role you'd like to fill and then I'll find someone for the remaining slot.

That said, I'm still working to recruit a consistent third healer and probably another DPS. I'll be sitting in Trade today offering cookies to people as incentive to join Third Time's a Charm!
Jaktraw
Rook
Apprentice

My first choice would be to use Milkyjoe, so start looking for a healer

Of course if i need to I'll be happy to use Allthea if a rdps is easier to find and you decide to go ahead with that healing combo.
Vexal
Pawn
Apprentice

I would love to DPS it up on Vex if you still need someone. She needs some work (sitting at an iLvl of 351 right now), but if I can ever get a few Troll randoms done, I think I would do just fine. Just let me know!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: