Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> UI/Addon Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

re: name plate mod

Or something equivalent. What I mean by this is a mod that either makes your selected targets nameplate unique or bigger or something that can help pinpoint your target among alot of targets around you. Mostly for pvp and for melee. I like to play with health bars on nameplates and when theres like 15 some nameplates taking up my screen and the target is on the move, I tend to lose them because I can't see the slightly flashing name or the red circle beneath them.

Inune
Captured
Private

Tidy Plates is what you want.

It will vary alpha levels, sizes, and colors of enemy nameplates in accordance to your target, your threat level, and various other conditionals. It also has both tank and DPS modes for threat that warn you when you are gaining or have aggro for the latter and when you don't for the former.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
-Aristotle
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

I'll second Tidy Plates. It's a phenomenal addon. There are also a lot of different skins for it, which display all sorts of different information. It's also great for threat and -- to a certain extent -- DoT tracking.

As a tank, the Threat Plates skin/variation of Tidy Plates is too helpful to not use. They've incorporated some of the features into the default addon, but not all. I believe; it's been a bit since I last tanked consistently. And intentionally...
Jaktraw
Rook
Apprentice

Yup Tidy Plates is the way to go unless your UI has something just as or almost as good built in.

I use Elvui and it has colored nameplates based on threat, your role, etc. They're not as big and obvious as Tidy Plates, but it's enough for me personally.
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

That should work because that solves the other thing I wanted to find, something to warn me if I am losing threat on a mob or gaining threat if I am DPS.

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Tidy Plates is perfect then. Just make sure to change the setting from DPS/Healer mode to Tank. In the former, the color changes to orange when gaining threat and red when you have it, while the other is orange when you're losing it and red when you don't have it!

It also allows you to set your preferences by spec, I believe, so when you change from DPSing to tanking you won't have to swap modes.
Jaktraw
Rook
Apprentice

^Elvui also does this for you automatically.

The reason I chose the Elvui package over a more custom UI is because it more or less has every feature you'll ever need, and I like how neat and clean it looks (nameplates included), it really clears up your screen of unnecessary stuff, and is very customizable.

I also love the healer layout, I've never used any "healing addons" in my life and I've never had any complaints about my healing.

Freeing up screen space is one of my main concerns as a tank. I've never actually used Tidy Plates but from the screenshots I've seen the nameplates are humongous, but I'm sure you can change this. I'm just lazy is all.
Inune
Captured
Private

just a fair warning on Tidy plates and threat, though. If you want to know that you're "losing" threat (or gaining, on DPS), you're going to have to play with the threat settings. The defaults are set at, i think, 90% or so. With how volatile threat ratings usually are in game, if you're gaining and are at 90%, you've probably already gained threat and if you're losing it and someone else it at 90%, you've probably already lost it.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
-Aristotle
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> UI/Addon Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: