Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
kylozo
Rook
Private

Awarded:

re: Tier 13 Discussion

and i wont be killing myself with SW:D Happy

I remember being someone different. Until I watched a lawnmower. I watched him achieve what others called "impossible". I watched him overcome ridicule and disbelief. I watched him try and fail, but never lose hope.

Then... I watched him fly. I watched him soar. I watched him touch the sky.

Because of that, I watched myself change.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Draken_crovax wrote:
on the other hand 55% increase of damage to shadow word:death WTF BLIZZ

It just means that you have more reason to complain when Selk kicks your ass on the meters, Jack!
SelkthePriest
Rook
Apprentice

Shadow priest bonuses are nice, healing ones suck ass at first glance.
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

I do like how its worded "If the target fails to die" Way to FAIL at dieing target!!

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

SelkthePriest wrote:
Shadow priest bonuses are nice, healing ones suck ass at first glance.

There've been quite a few complaints about the healing ones. In particular, Holy priests are ridiculously angry about the two-piece set (people have been complaining about how Holy priests are the non-Discipline healing priests; common theme). The primary concern is that Holy priests typically deploy a Lighwell in advance of the fight, which makes sense -- they spend that mana early and also restart the cooldown on the ability so that it can be redeployed quickly into the fight, which is good when people are burning charges to stay alive. The two-set requires a trade off: deploy your Lightwell early and waste the regen properties or wait until later when you need it and potentially have people die from lack of Lightwell?

Worse, the four-set bonus for Holy is situationally beneficial. A tank healing Holy priest is really going to benefit from it; a raid healing Holy priest will get far less use, especially since a large portion of the fights thus far have had heavy mobile components. The Holy Word for the AoE stance isn't too awesome in those situations and a large number of raiding Holy priests choose to rely on PoM/CoH/PoH rather than use it. However, there's a lot of speculation that the four-set will give rise to even more Holy PvP, since it would allow us to use Chastise even more -- and that peel/CC is really beneficial.

Discipline priests in general seem fairly happy. I'm not sure how the reduction in mana cost will stack for the two-set bonus, but it'll probably be multiplicative (which really isn't too big of a loss). It may encourage us to spend the cooldown on other people rather than jealously hording it, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it'll be used as a viable way to preemptively bubble people without hemorraghing mana. Especially when you toss that four-set bonus into the mix.

We'll have to see what goes live. These are poposed bonuses and I'd also like to see how they will be incorporated in the Tier 13 encounters.
kylozo
Rook
Private

Awarded:

FUCK YEAH

Forum Image

Im loving the way this tier looks for me

I remember being someone different. Until I watched a lawnmower. I watched him achieve what others called "impossible". I watched him overcome ridicule and disbelief. I watched him try and fail, but never lose hope.

Then... I watched him fly. I watched him soar. I watched him touch the sky.

Because of that, I watched myself change.
Maedea
Maedea
Queen
Gunnery Sergeant

Awarded:

I vote priest for best tier.

Disclaimer:
Tribute to Mortality does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, disconnect, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, power outage, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, trolling, sarcasm, singing or other Acts of Mig, ranting, raving, nerd rage, or other Acts of Jack. Or any Acts of Garothmuk. Neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized use, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, removal of tag, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom, crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB’s, paintball, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, computers,  Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc...).
Please only use as directed. Avoid contact with skin. Contents may settle during shipment. Tribute to Mortality is not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Not recommended for children. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No other warranty expressed or implied.
This offer is void in Australia.
Common side effects may include:
Glassy eyes, carpel tunnel, divorce, dead leg, Tourette syndrome , dehydration, dizziness, headache, loss of appetite, nervousness, ringing in ears.

Less common or rare side effects may include:
Blurred vision, changes in heatbeat, chills, confusion, depression, dry eyes and mouth, emotional volatitity, hearing loss, high or low blood pressure, inability to sleep, sleepiness.

Tribute to Mortality isn't for everyone, please consult your doctor before use.
Tanzy(ODH)
Bishop
Sergeant

that is an amazing set

krilari
Bishop
Sergeant

...Alright

you guys take the cake this tier.

When will the druids get a cool tier >.>

well, at least we're not hunters.
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

I kinda like the T13 hunter look, well maybe not the shoulder. I rather like the skull helm. Tho Yes, Priests get one damn cool set this time around. I like alot of the Priest tier armor, t8 sanctification, t6 absolution, and T5 avatar (minus helm).

Wait... I just thought of something, I want to see t13 priest helm on a tauren :P

Inune
Captured
Private

"Yo, Dave in accounting has a bunch of cow skulls leftover in his basement, what do you guys want to do with those?"

"Well....uh.... lets just throw them on the hunter tier set. They like wearing dead things on their head."

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
-Aristotle
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

So far priests are coming out on top. Natch. I just wish that it didn't have a goatee. I do, however, like the return to prior set color combinations and it's infinitely better than wearing toilet paraphernalia.

I just wonder where horns/tentacles/snout/tusks/so on will go with the mask. It'll be interesting to see how everything fits on different races.

Regarding the hunters, it's a cool concept. My only concern is one that they make almost every tier with hunters -- there are patches where the armor doesn't connect and bare skin shows through. The pictures displayed on the human male, for example, look a bit silly.

Edit: Just as a note, I tweaked Don's post by resizing the image and having it link to the original. It was borking the layout a little and causing horrible horizontal scrolling!
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Official Priest Tier 13 and Visual Retrospective.

Quote:
[T]he design asked for a bold, two-tone, ‘Venetian carnival style with creepy, soulless black eyes,’ which gave me a powerful, potentially edgy direction to explore.

Not sure how it ties into priests, but it works!
Draken_crovax
King
Corporal

my only hope.. is that there is cloth look alikes I can get so my warlock can wear that shit. (yay transmorg)
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Based off of the current prices, you probably couldn't afford it, Jack! The Void Storage is 1,000g to open. Then it costs 100g to submit an item and then a further 100g to take it out. This doesn't include the cost of transmogrification!

On a good note, Blizzard tweeted this morning in response to an article by WoW Insider that the prices are not yet final. So there's hope!

Edit: And there's almost always a knockoff piece or three, typically utilizing the same skin for key items (helm, shoulders, chest). I'm willing to bet that it'll be the same.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum