Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Vexal
Pawn
Apprentice

re: Anime

I am finding a ton a free time on my hands right now and I am wanting to get back into watching some anime. I was wondering if anyone enjoys watching some anime from time to time and if you could give me a few titles of awesome ones I should hit up. Thanks!

Private

Awarded:

um im not into any at this time but a cool idea popped into my head that it would be cool if people had free time dont feel like playing wow but (for some reason) still want to talk to each other over mumble, some one could live stream anime movies or what ever. oh just thought of a cool one if you havent seen it Hellsing ultimate is suppose to be really good

I remember being someone different. Until I watched a lawnmower. I watched him achieve what others called "impossible". I watched him overcome ridicule and disbelief. I watched him try and fail, but never lose hope.

Then... I watched him fly. I watched him soar. I watched him touch the sky.

Because of that, I watched myself change.
Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

kylozo wrote:
um im not into any at this time but a cool idea popped into my head that it would be cool if people had free time dont feel like playing wow but (for some reason) still want to talk to each other over mumble, some one could live stream anime movies or what ever. oh just thought of a cool one if you havent seen it Hellsing ultimate is suppose to be really good

Yes
kylozo
Rook
Private

Awarded:

yes to all mig or just the "(for some reason) still want to talk to each other"

I remember being someone different. Until I watched a lawnmower. I watched him achieve what others called "impossible". I watched him overcome ridicule and disbelief. I watched him try and fail, but never lose hope.

Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

The two words I bolded for you.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Matty watches a lot (and I do mean a lot -- it's our primary use of Netflix) of anime. I could bother him about it.
Vexal
Pawn
Apprentice

Oh, you should! Thats why I've reopened a Netflix.

Also, I looked into Hellsing and it is not available on Netflix. Boo.

Gunnery Sergeant

Yeah I know the feeling, every since I moved to upper MN and away from civilization (and mass retail stores that sell anime), and stopped getting Netflix, I haven't gotten anything new and awesome. Tho my favorite series so far has been Full Metal Panic (not full metal alchemist but that ones ok too).

Jaktraw
Rook
Apprentice

If you've got Netflix check out Claymore.

I'm not a very big fan of anime (I freakin loved Ghost in the Shell, it's the only one I can really take seriously) but a friend told me to check that one out, and I sort of liked it.

Like most animes I've seen, my usual pet peeves are included: spoon-feeding the plot as if I'm too dumb to get it, the ONE annoying character I wish didn't exist, and some slow points. The music was interesting though. Watch the first few episodes and see what you think.
Krad666
Rook
Private

Gurren Lagann

Gai-Rei-Zero.

Full Metal alchemist: Brotherhood.

S-Cry-Ed

Big O

Gundam, Preferably Gundam Wing and G-Gundam.

all of these are action anime. I enjoy action.

kylozo
Rook
Private

Awarded:

Krad666 wrote:
Gurren Lagann

Full Metal alchemist: Brotherhood.

S-Cry-Ed

Big O

hell yeah krad

Vexal
Pawn
Apprentice

Stuck on Darker Than Black right now. As soon as I've watched them all (almost done!) I'll have a look at the ones you said, Krad. Thanks!

Private

Some of my all time favorite anime are Full Metal Alchemists, Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Trigun. For newer ones Gurren Lagan and Soul Eater are both very good. I think all of those except the original Full Metal are on Netflix.
Krad666
Rook
Private

Tyin wrote:
Some of my all time favorite anime are Full Metal Alchemists, Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Trigun. For newer ones Gurren Lagan and Soul Eater are both very good. I think all of those except the original Full Metal are on Netflix.

The original full Metal ain't got nothing on Brotherhood.
It's literally an entirely different storyline ( and more epic as well!) I mean it starts off relatively the same then all of a sudden things take a drastic turn for the better!

krysinello
Rook
Private

Depends what your into really, what genres. All of the above I'd recommend although they're all actions

Seto no hanayome
Code Geass
Clannad
School Rumble
Full Metal Panic series
Shakugan no Shana

I collect as a bit of a hobby(buy not download), so if you want more titles or anything, just ask.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum