Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which do you like the best?
<Heroes Azeroth Deserves>
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
<Justice League Azeroth> (Only Don will vote for this)
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
<Outlandish Wailers>
33%
 33%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

re: Only 3 Names Apparently

Since I'm most likely going to be the one paying for a namechange, I'm content to let the discussion continue for the time being without moving forward on any particular name. Have fun and chatter!

That said, I'm surprisingly agreeing with Mig on this one; we've taken a really hard stance in the last year when it comes to people relaying what others think and say, mostly because a lot of it gets taken out of context and it has caused problems in the past (remember the complaints of "most-people-want-to-do-25-mans-but-you're-doing-10-mans-because-it's-a-horrible-officer-conspiracy-to-get-people-to-kiss-our-asses?", which was by far the worst offender that comes to mind). I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it's always better to not assume anything and let people speak for themselves.

If people are that hardpressed to keep the name, it's not too difficult to visit the forums just once to leave their thoughts.
Maedea
Maedea
Queen
Gunnery Sergeant

Awarded:

I was under the impression that Mig was paying for the name change, since it was his idea. It was one of the reason I agreed to this whole thing.

Quote:
That said, I'm surprisingly agreeing with Mig on this one; we've taken a really hard stance in the last year when it comes to people relaying what others think and say, mostly because a lot of it gets taken out of context and it has caused problems in the past (remember the complaints of "most-people-want-to-do-25-mans-but-you're-doing-10-mans-because-it's-a-horrible-officer-conspiracy-to-get-people-to-kiss-our-asses?", which was by far the worst offender that comes to mind). I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it's always better to not assume anything and let people speak for themselves.

If people are that hardpressed to keep the name, it's not too difficult to visit the forums just once to leave their thoughts.

I support this statement!

Disclaimer:
Tribute to Mortality does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, disconnect, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, power outage, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, trolling, sarcasm, singing or other Acts of Mig, ranting, raving, nerd rage, or other Acts of Jack. Or any Acts of Garothmuk. Neglect, damage from improper reading, incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized use, broken antenna or marred cabinet, missing or altered serial numbers, removal of tag, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom, crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping the item, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, forest fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, shot, BB’s, paintball, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, or emissions of X-rays, computers,  Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, etc...).
Please only use as directed. Avoid contact with skin. Contents may settle during shipment. Tribute to Mortality is not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Not recommended for children. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No other warranty expressed or implied.
This offer is void in Australia.
Common side effects may include:
Glassy eyes, carpel tunnel, divorce, dead leg, Tourette syndrome , dehydration, dizziness, headache, loss of appetite, nervousness, ringing in ears.

Less common or rare side effects may include:
Blurred vision, changes in heatbeat, chills, confusion, depression, dry eyes and mouth, emotional volatitity, hearing loss, high or low blood pressure, inability to sleep, sleepiness.

Tribute to Mortality isn't for everyone, please consult your doctor before use.
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

Mig has money?
Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

Irenke wrote:
Mig has money?

A smidgen.
Ryktchurd
In-Game Lowest Rank
Recruit

re: none of the above...

I wasn't going to say anything because I am coming so late to the guild, but I was thinking when I joined that I actually like the name... if I had joined a guild named any of the options listed, I would have hated the name forever. Just my two cents.

Ryk
Reubie
In-Game Lowest Rank
Recruit

Now that I can post!

I really don't have a preference one way or the other (of the three) but to be honest I prefer the name we have to any of them. I don't have a huge investment in what guild name we have, but it seems to me that what we've got is at least adequate and if we decided to change it we might keep looking for something that is a raging success?
Irenke
Bishop
Major

Awarded:

I know that some people feel strongly about this topic, but please do not tell people that I have said that we are moving forward other renaming the guild <Heroes Azeroth Deserves>. I don't know of the intent was to frighten people into leaving a comment on the forums, but it is a bald-faced lie that perfectly exemplifies what I was describing when I said that we cannot rely upon information relayed through an intermediary.

I know of at least one person who has some this so far (who shall remain unnamed) and I am uncertain if there are others, but I did want to take the opportunity to snuff out that incorrect information right now and publicly before that shit escalates.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally and directly if you have any concerns. I have a very open policy and while I may relay concerns expressed to me to the rest of the officership on people's behalf, I tend to do so while retaining the anonymity of the individual if that is so desired.

Thank you.

Please feel free to continue the discussion concerning this thread's original topic.

Last edited by Irenke on 2011/12/02 21:12; edited 1 time in total
Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

The reasoning behind is that when it was thought of, it was a very lazy thought for a guild name as it is based on a FoS now called "Tribute to Immortality". When it was thought of it was purely a back up choice and many of us had a "Eh" feeling towards it.
Sneakn
In-Game Lowest Rank
Recruit

well as i can count right now we are up to about 6 or 7 plp that want it to stay what it is right now but again that is not a option for us to vote on so its falling on deaf ears. Just off the top of my head with out reading past 3 pages of back and forth

ME
my wife
Black
Eviz
Reubie
Ryktchurd
Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

Sneakn wrote:
well as i can count right now we are up to about 6 or 7 plp that want it to stay what it is right now but again that is not a option for us to vote on so its falling on deaf ears. Just off the top of my head with out reading past 3 pages of back and forth

ME
my wife
Black
Eviz
Reubie
Ryktchurd

You all need to quit saying you aren't eligible to vote, no one has said you aren't able to vote or that you shouldn't. You guys are assuming you just shouldn't, it's honestly fine. The first post strictly says that it's to see what we have, what our options are, and who wants want. If you don't want to change it, you are entitled to an opinion, and as the ones that do want it changed hold the same strength behind it.
Tanzy(ODH)
Bishop
Sergeant

I'm beginning to think that Mig just got bored and wanted to stir the pot. LOL

Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

Everyone has the right to vote, we're all apart of this guild so we all have a say in it. I know some people would rather have seen a 4th option to the poll, one being "keep the current name" instead of getting 3 names that suggest we need to change it, tho I don't know for certain.

Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

Blackshae wrote:
Everyone has the right to vote, we're all apart of this guild so we all have a say in it. I know some people would rather have seen a 4th option to the poll, one being "keep the current name" instead of getting 3 names that suggest we need to change it, tho I don't know for certain.

That's what the other thread was for, without anyone to say "I would like it to stay the same" it was not worth adressing. Now if it were actually said in that thread I would have made one, though no one had, so I did not.
Blackshae
Rook
Gunnery Sergeant

I guess I missed that thread. Then again, I didn't know people were unhappy with the current name and didn't even know what this poll was about, reason why I asked in the first place. Like I said, I simply thought maybe an arena team, SWTOR guild name, or even private server guild name.

Mig.
Bishop
Corporal

<Fus Ro Dougie>
<Fus Ro Buff>
<Poodge>
<Sojaquest>
< Pork chop >

Last edited by Mig. on 2011/12/11 0:54; edited 1 time in total
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tribute to Mortality Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum